At Silverstream Priory
On August 6, 2012, Silverstream Priory was consecrated to Jesus, King of Love; His statue was placed in the monastic oratory.
As more and more people became attracted to the image of Jesus, King of Love, and learned to pray the Little Invocation, the monks were inspired to offer them the spiritual benefits of a Confraternity.
What is a Confraternity?
It is a family of souls who recognize each other as brothers and sisters graced by God with the same spiritual affinity, and who seek to share with one another the powerful support that comes from union in prayer.
Why a Confraternity?
There is comfort in knowing that one is not praying alone. Sacred Scripture says that a brother that is helped by his brother, is like a strong city (Proverbs 18:19). The fact that other souls are praying the Little Invocation throughout the day and even in the night is a source of strength in moments of weakness, and of hope in times of suffering.
Our Lord’s own words can be applied to the prayer that unites members of the Confraternity: I say to you, that if two of you shall consent upon earth, concerning any thing whatsoever they shall ask, it shall be done to them by my Father who is in heaven. For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them(Matthew 18:19-20).
What are the Obligations of a Member?
There are no obligations apart from the recitation of the Little Invocation morning and evening each day, and the wearing of the medal of the King of Love, or the keeping of it on one’s person. The only bond between members is the confidence they share in Jesus, King of Love. There are no meetings.
What are the Benefits?
The principal benefit of membership in the Confraternity is one’s spiritual union with an international family of childlike souls of all ages who pray the Little Invocation daily for themselves and for each other.
Holy Mass is offered for the living and deceased members of the Confraternity on the first Wednesday of the month, as well as on five other days:
- January 3, Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus (Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite);
- January 19, Feast of the Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple;
- January 23, Feast of the Espousals of the Blessed Virgin Mary;
- February 2, Feast of the Presentation of the Child Jesus in the Temple; and
- February 3, the anniversary of the death of Mother Yvonne-Aimée de Jésus.
Who may join?
Membership is open to all those who desire to respond to the tender invitation of Jesus, King of Love to place their trust in the merciful goodness of His Heart. The Confraternity is, therefore, open to men, women, and children of all ages.
- Parents may enroll children as soon as they are able to say the invocation: O Jesus, King of Love, I put my trust in Thy loving mercy.
- The Confraternity reaches out to men and women who have suffered physical, emotional, or sexual abuse as children, and, by means of the Little Invocation, intercedes for their healing and restoration to wholeness and to peace of heart.
- The Confraternity reaches out to men and women currently struggling with deeply rooted patterns of sin, emotional pain, anxiety, addiction, and loneliness.
- The Confraternity reaches out to the sick, the chronically ill, and the elderly, offering them the image of the King of Love, and inviting them to say the Little Invocation.
- The Confraternity reaches out to those who find daily prayer difficult, and by proposing the Little Invocation to them, seeks to make them familiar with the divine friendship of the King of Love.
How does one join the Confraternity?
One joins the Confraternity by applying using the form below, or by writing to its Secretariat at Silverstream Priory, Stamullen, County Meath, Ireland.
New members will have their name enrolled in the register kept at Silverstream Priory and will receive by post an enrollment package including a blessed medal and an image of Jesus, King of Love.
What Should I Do If the Medal is Lost or if I Didn’t Recieve the Enrollment Package?
Please use the form below to contact the Secretariat if you did not receive or need a new blessed medal. Simply fill out your name and address, check the box at the bottom of the form that you are not interested in becoming a member at this time, and write your needs in the message box.
Statues of Jesus, King of Love
Silverstream Priory’s bookstore also distributes hand-carved wood statues of the King of Love in various sizes, as well as medals and images of the King of Love.